With the MyoSure LITE device you can:
- Visualize the uterine cavity in high resolution with the MyoSure hysteroscope.
- Identify and remove suspect pathology for histological assessment.
- Resect smaller and softer tissue, due to its smaller window size.
- Complete the procedure efficiently—without removing the hysteroscope.
Endometrial cancer is the most common malignancy of the female reproductive tract1. In 2015, the estimated incidence in the US was 54, 8702.
With high-risk patients, it becomes more important to get a complete and quality tissue collection. In fact, the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists (ACOG) recommended that:
“If a surgical approach is favored, D&C with hysteroscopic guidance is recommended over D&C alone because it has higher accuracy and superior diagnostic yield.”3†
The MyoSure system helps you:
†ACOG recommends hysteroscopic guidance in general for endometrial sampling; they do not recommend a specific brand.
The MyoSure LITE device lets you visualize the entire uterine cavity to get a quality tissue specimen.
1. American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures, 2010. http://www.cancer.org/research/cancerfactsstatistics/cancerfactsfigures2010/index. Accessed March 2016.
2. 1. Siegel RL, Miller KD, Jemal A. Cancer statistics, 2015. CA Cancer J Clin. 2015;65(1):7.
3. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Practice bulletin no. 149: endometrial cancer. Obstet Gynecol. 2015;125(4):1006-1026.